Hollywood Actress Scarlett Johansson Short Biography and Photos
Scarlett Johansson (Hollywood Actress)
Scarlett Johansson is a Hollywood actress and a singer.
Her full name is Scarlett Ingrid Johansson and was born on November 22, 1984 in Manhattan, New York City.
Scarlett Johansson has both American and Danish citizenship and one of the most beautiful women in the world.
Johansson is a half Jewish and she celebrates both Christmas and Hanukka (a festival of Jewish people, otherwise called as festival of lights)
- She is regarded as a Hollywood sex symbol.
- Age – 34 Years old
- Occupation – Hollywood actress, Singer and Model
- Nick name – “ScarJo” (she finds this name to be lazy and disrespectful)
- Citizenship – United States and Danish
- Dated men – Jack Antonoff, Josh Hartnett, Ryan Reynolds and Romain Dauriac
- Husband – Ryan Reynolds and Romain Dauriac (Married and divorced)
- Parents – Melanie Sloan (Mother) Karsten Johansson (Father)
- Sibling – Sister- Vanessa Johansson (Actress), Brother – Adrian and Hunter
- Awards – Golden Camera for Best International Actress, MTV Movie Award for Best Fight, Rome Film Festival Award for Best Actress, YoungStar Award for Best Young Actress in a Drama Film and more.
- Best Movies – The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War,Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Iron Man 2.
Johansson is also called as “ScarJo” by her fans and media, which she actually doesn’t like, since the name feels lazy and insolent.
She hates people mentioning her and remembered for her sexiness and attractiveness.
She also feels people remembered for attractiveness don’t last long.
- Scarlett Johansson is one of the highest paid Hollywood actresses in the world, earning $17 million (2014) $35.5 million (2015) and $25 million (2016).
In 2017, her movies made over $4.3 billion, which made Johansson to be the highest grossing actress of all time in North America.
In 2018, she was named as the highest paid actress in the world with earnings of $40.5 million for that year alone.
She has featured in many prestigious magazines.
Forbes had captured her in the magazine multiple times in the list of Celebrity 100.
Scarlett Johansson has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
It is actually a walk path that is studded with a five-pointed star in the walk path, in response to honor the person who has achieved remarkable in the entertainment industry.
In June 2004, she was given the honor to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science.
Johansson’s first movie debut is North (1994).
But, from 2003, she started to take adult roles in movies and continued to have Lost in Translation, Girl with a Pearl Earring, A Love Song for Bobby Long (2004), Match Point (2005), The Prestige (2006), Head (2008), Break Up (2009) and more.
IndieWire (Film Industry and Review Website), praised her for taking the risky roles in the movie, which on the other hand turned her to the a successful and highest grossing Hollywood actress.
Scarlett Johansson is a strong brand endorser and supports multiple charities in person.
Johansson hates celebrities who mention or, thank god or the Jesus Christ during they receive the award.
Scarlett Johansson Husband Name
First, she married the Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds and been in the relationship from 2008 to 2011.
She then quit the relationship and married Romain Dauriac, a French businessman from the year 2014 to 2017.
Scarlett Johansson Family
Scarlett Johansson’s father is an architect from Copenhagen, Denmark and Ejner Johansson, her parental grandfather is a screenwriter and a film director.
Scarlett’s mother, Melanie Sloan is a film producer.
She has an elder brother Adrian, elder sister Vanessa, who is professionally an actress and a twin brother Hunter. She too has a half-brother who is older to Scarlett Johansson named Christian.
Johansson parents divorced when she was at 13. She attended PS 41 elementary school in Greenwich Village.
Grandmother Dorothy Sloan took care of Scarlett Johansson, whom she considered to be her best friend.
Her granny is a bookkeeper and a school teacher.
She was performing all the entertaining activities like singing and dancing voluntarily, when she was in her childhood.
- Year 2006 – Scarlett Johansson Sang the track “Summertime” for Unexpected Dreams – Songs From the Stars
- Year 2007 – she performed with the Jesus and Mary Chain for a Coachella reunion show
- Year 2007 – Appeared in Justin Timberlake’s music video, which was nominated for MTV Video music award
- Year 2008 May – Johansson made her debut album “Anywhere I Lay My Head”
- Year 2009 – she teamed up with Pete Yorn, a singer-songwriter in making the album Break Up. The album remarkably reached Number in United States.
- Year 2010 – Steel Train, a leading band from New Jeresy released Terrible Thrills Vol. 1, in which Johansson sings the first song “Bullet”
- Year 2011 – Johansson sang “One Whole Hour” for the soundtrack in the documentary film Wretches & Jabberers
- Year 2012 – sang on track “Before My Time” for Chasing Ice (2012), during the end credits of the movie.
Relationships and Breakups
Johansson was dating her classmate Jack Antonoff for almost a year (2001 to 2002).
She also dated Josh Hartnett for about two years, who is her co- star.
The reason for the split up between them were said to be due to the busy schedule.
Scarlett Johansson started to date Ryan Reynolds, a Canadian actor during the year 2007. The couple engaged in May 2008 and got married in September 2008. However, the relationship did not last then, they were separated in December 2010 and got divorced in July 2011.
- 2012 – Scarlett Johansson started dating Frenchman Romain Dauriac, who owns an advertising company and they got engaged soon.
- 2014 – Johansson gave birth to her daughter and named her Rose Dorothy Dauriac.
- 2016 – the situation again went out of control between Johansson and Dauriac, and got separated in mid-2016, eventually got divorced in 2017.
- 2017 – Scarlett Johansson confirmed in December 2017, that she is in relationship with Colin Jost, who is the co-head writer of “Saturday Night Live” and Co-host of “Weekend Update”
Johansson once criticized the media regarding circulating an image that causes unhealthy diet habits and eating disorder in women.
She wrote in an article and mentioned to HuffPost, that she encourages the reader to maintain and stay healthy.
She once appeared nude on the cover of Vanity Fair, March 2006, alongside Keira Knightley an actress and Fashion Designer Tom Ford with fully dressed. The cover created controversy, that women are forced much than man to show-off their sexy body.
In September 2011, Johansson’s mobile phone was hacked and her nude photos were published in internet.
The hacker was then arrested by the FBI and the guilt was sentenced 10 years in prison.
She said, her nude photos were sent to her first, then to her husband Reynolds.
In 2014, Johansson won the lawsuit against JC Lattes, a French publisher and received a compensation of $3,400, though she had claimed $68,000. The issue was, she has been mentioned bad about her relationship in the novel ‘The First Thing We Look At’.
She even lost a chance in the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) for playing Lisbeth Salander, since the movie’s director thought, that she is “too sexy” for the character.
In 2014 – Anthony Lane, The New Yorker film critic noted Scarlett Johansson – “she is evidently, and profitably, aware of her sultriness, and of how much, down to the last inch, it contributes to the contours of her reputation.”
As mentioned earlier, she is also called as Sex symbol (people with extreme sexual body) by the media.
The Sydney Morning Herald, a leading Australian daily new labels Johansson as “the embodiment of male fantasy”
Woody Allen, the director Match point commented her for being attractive as “beautiful and Sexually overwhelming”
Johansson ranking in magazines
- Maxim included Johansson in their Hot 100 list from 2006 to 2014
- Mentioned twice in 2006 and 2013 as “Sexiest Woman Alive” by Esquire
- Listed for her sexiness and hotness by Playboy in 2007
- In 2011, she was mentioned in Men’s health magazine
- Noted in FHM (2005)
- She was named as GQ’s Babe for the year 2010.
- Madame Tussauds New York museum installed a wax sculpture of Johansson in 2015
- She appeared in Forbe’s Celebrity 100 for the year 2006, 2014, 2015 and 2018.
Scarlett Johansson featured in advertising Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, L’Oréal, Mango (Spanish brand) and Louis Vuitton in her career.
She takes the fame of being the first Hollywood Celebrity to represent a champagne producer, appearing in advertisements for Moët & Chandon.
An Israeli company SodaStream hired Scarlett Johansson as its first global brand ambassador.
Johansson’s other Social Works
She has supported various charitable works which are listed below
- Aid Still Required (to help people of left over or the survivors after a natural disaster)
- Cancer Research UK
- Stand Up To Cancer (A charitable program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation)
- Too Many Women (Organization and works against the Breast Cancer)
- USA Harvest (feeding the needful people)